NetGalley Review - The Trouble with Goats and Sheep

The Trouble with Goats and Sheep - Joanna Cannon

The Trouble with Goats and Sheep caught my attention with the title alone. After reading this wonderful book, I have found myself looking at people, and wondering whether they are goat or sheep. Do they have a fleecy warmth to their character that draws me in and makes me want to snuggle them, or a goat-like stubbornness to them, and seem like the kind of person who would refuse to be herded by a shepherd, and likely to eat my favourite plants. I know, I need to get out more!

As for the book itself, I loved the characters and the overall feel to the story. This book is very much focussed on a variety of different characters, personalities, assumptions about others, community, secrets, faith and hope.

In short, the book is about two girls who decide to go on a mission to find their neighbour who has gone missing. In order to do this they decide they first need to find God, as he is everywhere, and will therefore know where their missing neighbour has gone.

I found this story nostalgic in places. I don’t really drink fizzy pop these days, but I used to love our Sodastream while growing up. I loved that burping sound it made. My favourite drinks would have to be traditional lemonade and dandelion and burdock (called dandruff and bird muck by my husband).

Overall, a great combination of funny, sad, endearing and thought provoking.

I would like to thank the publisher, Scribner for allowing me a copy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1443911227