NetGalley Review - Play Dead

Play Dead - Angela Marsons

Play Dead is another super-duper crime thriller by Angela Marsons.

I loved the storyline. Firstly, the body farm, oh my goodness. I didn’t even know they existed. You learn something new every day. It was like a horror version of Springwatch (I’m still coming to terms with this).

The topic of school bullying and the impact it had on those involved was interesting. A few names of bullies came to mind while I was reading this, making it impossible for me not to get emotionally involved.

I found the history of the killer both fascinating and heart breaking. Life can be so unfair to some people, and the damage caused by those who are meant to love and protect that person, can be shocking and sickening. This book triggered strong emotions while I was reading it, and my thoughts and feelings were quite torn at times, but I think I would have to agree with Kim Stone’s view on this matter.

Thank goodness it didn’t take too long to read this, as the dreams I was having while reading it were most bizarre. The first night I had a dream about a giant spider with a skull pattern on its body coming through a hole in my kitchen floor. The second night, I had a dream about having to remove dead bodies from walls of a military ship to stop it sinking as quickly. It’s probably a good job I don’t read crime novels too often, otherwise the men in white coats will be taking me away, and I won’t be able to write reviews, like this one.

If you enjoyed any of the earlier books in this series, you’ll love this one. Bring on book 5. Book 2 (Evil Games) is probably still my favourite in this series, but only just, as book 4 follows closely in second place.

I would like to thank the publisher, Bookouture for allowing me a copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1635908729