NetGalley Review - The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper - Phaedra Patrick

What a wonderful title The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper is. It caught my attention straight away.

This is about an old man’s journey of not only finding out about his late wife’s somewhat secret past, but a journey of self-discovery for Arthur too. Watch as Arthur’s mission to find out about his wife, due to a charm bracelet he discovered amongst his wife’s belongings, takes him on an unexpected and almost magical adventure of travel, meeting of great characters and some fun, once in a lifetime experiences.

This story is sweet, endearing and heart-warming. Some parts of the story were very touching and emotional, while others were funny.

I loved that Arthur called his fern plant, Frederica. We have a coffee plant that we named Kofi Annan. He looks a bit dishevelled at the moment, bless him, but we hope he’ll recover one day with enough sun and water.

I thought the little pictures of the charms between each chapter was a lovely touch too.

I highly recommend this if you enjoy heart-warming tales of adventure, full of interesting characters, and in some parts, animals too.

I would like to thank the publisher, Mira UK, Harlequin (UK) Limited for allowing me a copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1543787269