NetGalley Review - Flawed (Flawed #1)

Flawed - Cecelia Ahern

I was a little unsure about this at first, as I’m not a huge fan of Young Adult fiction, and being a fan of Cecelia Ahern, I wasn’t sure how I would feel about her writing something so different. It took me a little while to get into, with my interest increasing around 13% of the way through. From then on I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

Don’t pick this up if you are only interested in futuristic scenery that is often described in dystopian fiction. This book is about people, not their physical surroundings.

Flawed is about the idea of a perfectly controlled society, and of morals, fear and rebellion. The fight for justice and fairness.

One thing that makes this a Cecelia Ahern book, regardless of it being different to her usual genre, is the focus on human feelings. Something she is very good at. I found this both tense and emotional in places, even bringing tears to my eyes at one point.

I would like to thank the publisher, Harper Collins Children’s Books, for allowing me a copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1570269772