Book Review - 600 Hours of Edward

600 Hours of Edward - Craig Lancaster

As per usual, I’m sat here contemplating my review. I’m agog at how fortuitous it is that I came to read this book. I’m considering whether any of the characters were flamboyant, austere, tenacious, ostentatious, apoplectic, or exceptional. Through this book, I have discovered that I love the words rambunctiousness, discombobulated, and onomatopoeia, notwithstanding the fact that I struggle to spell the latter, however, that’s no great shakes. I find myself flabbergasted by how much I’m rocking this book, and the thought of not loving it would be truly preposterous.

I’m rather confident that Edward, the main character in this book, would like the paragraph above.

Edward has Asperger’s Syndrome and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and has to be one of my all-time favourite book characters, which is rather impressive, considering how many books I’ve actually read. This story is endearing, touching, emotional, sad and funny throughout.

Edward states “I don’t like to assume. I prefer facts.” I think he would love to meet my Grandma, as she taught me from a very young age that to assume makes and ass out of u and me.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes character led stories, as Edward is such a wonderful and entertaining character. I miss him already, and can’t wait to read Edward Adrift.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1391909531