Book Review - Breaking the Marine

Breaking The Marine: A Gay Erotic Romance - M.K. Elliott

I have to be honest, I haven’t read much gay erotic fiction, but when the author wanted some reviewers to read and review it, I was willing to give it a go.

The only other gay erotica I’ve read was as a result of a couple of my husband’s Navy mates playing a prank on him, thinking they were sending it to his Kindle, only to later discover they had sent it to mine instead (Oh, the laughs we all had). I’m not one to reject the opportunity to read a free book, so I gave them a go. Unfortunately, they were a bit too cheesy for my reading tastes.

However, I have confidence in this author’s writing, having thoroughly enjoyed reading her book, Defaced, under her other author name Marissa Farrar, so I hoped this would be much better than previous gay erotica I had read, and I’m pleased to report it was. I'm by no means an expert in this genre, but I actually really enjoyed this story.

Breaking the Marine is a short novella, so I estimate it will take about an hour to an hour and a half, depending on how fast you read. I enjoyed the overall military storyline, and found myself liking the two main characters, Brandon and Will, and I don’t just mean for their toned bodies, “Deep blue eyes, fringed with dark lashes” and tattoos, although, that was a bonus. They were believable characters with genuine attraction towards each other. The sex scenes were also well written and realistic. Despite being quite short, I felt it had quite a good level of character development and was able to make me feel emotional about their lives and situation.

Okay, so I won’t recommend this to straight men, as I doubt it’s likely to be your thing. However, I recommend it to anyone else who enjoys erotic fiction, especially if you have an appreciation for strong, hot and horny men in military uniform.

Thank you to the author, M.K. Elliott, for a copy of this novella, in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1498014902