Book Review - Alchemy: turning Silver to Gold

Alchemy: turning Silver to Gold - an historical psychological mystery thriller - Chris James
If you enjoyed the first book, Alchemy: a story of perfect murder, then you should definitely read this second book, as I’m sure you will enjoy it too, as you are taken on a journey of further mystery and surprising discovery.

This is a very well written mystery thriller with a great plot. I loved the eerie atmosphere, and the great characters, including a few famous ones you may have heard of before. The later part of the book had me wishing I could read faster, as I was dying to find out what happened next. This story takes you to a time and place in history, and keeps you there until the last page.

Book two continues the story told in book one, as well as revealing further details of past events. It is probably possible to read this as a standalone, but I would strongly recommend you read these books in order to fully understand and enjoy them.

Alchemy: turning Silver to Gold, is imaginative, quirky and slightly bizarre at times. A great read!

Great for lovers of historical murder mystery. I think this would also really appeal to fans of gothic novels, such as Frankenstein. However, this is in no way a retelling of such a story. This is very much a unique story in its own right.

I would like to thank the author, Chris James, for kindly offering me an eBook copy of this novel, in exchange for an honest review, and wish him success with this and any future novels. I’m already looking forward to reading the next.
Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1461404301