Book Review - Wight Christmas

Wight Christmas (Kitty Murphy's Ticket to Paradise) - Stephanie Harte

Wight Christmas is an enjoyable festive read about a couple at a holiday park on the Isle of Wight.

This was a great novella with a combination of happy, funny, nostalgic and exciting moments. There were a couple of interesting characters too.

I loved that it was set in 1988, as I was ten years old then, and there’s nothing more festive than the nostalgia of one’s own childhood. Every reference to something that took me back to my childhood years, brought a smile to my face, whether it was the name of shops, singers, actors, or an item, such as a cassette player. I was a huge Shakin’ Stevens fan (I still am), so having him mentioned made my day.

Being half Irish myself, I’ve discovered it’s impossible to read “Jesus, Mary and Joseph” without an Irish accent, even if it is just in my thoughts.

I recommend this to anyone who fancies an entertaining feel good festive read with a little bit of romance and shenanigans.

I would like to thank the author for a copy of this book, via THE Book Club (TBC) on Facebook, in exchange for an honest review, and wish her great success with this book.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1444752943