Book Review - What Becomes of the Brokenhearted?

What Becomes of the Brokenhearted?: Book 2 (Lest We Forget) - Rachel Crawford

What Becomes of the Brokenhearted? is a continuation of the first book, Too Good to be Forgotten.

Having really enjoyed the first book, I was over the moon when the author had a surprise copy of book two sent direct to my Kindle.

If you enjoyed book one, then I strongly recommend this, as you will get to learn a lot more about some of the characters in the first book. I think I enjoyed book two slightly more than the first.

Again, this is very much a character driven story, covering the complexity of families and the bonds, in some cases, lack of bonds, between family members.

I really enjoyed the sections that were set in the 1990s as it built a much better picture of why certain characters behaved in the way they did, and found myself really looking forward to those sections.

It was fascinating seeing how the characters behaved with regards to grief, guilt and what happens when money is brought into the equation. I liked the very end of this story, including the epilogue, and have been left with a combination of happiness and sadness.

I would like to thank the author for a copy of this book, via THE Book Club (TBC) on Facebook.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1421015309