NetGalley Review - The Girl and the Sunbird

The Girl and the Sunbird: A beautiful, epic story of love, loss and hope - Rebecca Stonehill

The Girl and the Sunbird is a descriptive, atmospheric, emotional tale of love and heart breaking loss.

This is the story of a strong woman who endures a lot of heart ache, mostly due to the decisions her parents make for her at the beginning of this beautifully written tale.

Although a very different story, I couldn’t help but be reminded of my favourite Philippa Gregory book, A Queen’s Fool, during the early chapters of this book.

I loved that this book triggered lots of happy thoughts, such as my own love of birds, my trips to the Eden Project, where they have baobab trees, and memories of me playing croquet in the back garden with my family when I was a child.

My only criticism of this book is that I found the jump in time later on in the book to be a little too much for me personally, and it sort of briefly threw me out of the world I had become a part of. I had a mini panic that I might not be able to get back into the book, but luckily after a few chapters, I was sucked back into the tough and heart breaking life Iris experienced.

I would like to thank the publisher, Bookouture for allowing me a copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1641824143