Book Review - Triage: The Diary of a Celestial Social Worker

Triage: The Diary of a Celestial Social Worker - P. J. Nash

Triage: The Diary of a Celestial Social Worker, is about a man called Ronnie, who is the victim of a bomb attack in Northern Ireland, leaving him floating somewhere between dead and alive. In order to move on from this in-between world, Ronnie must make it his mission to help others in need. In a way, he becomes a guardian angel.

This is an enjoyable novella and a fun idea that had me wondering about what happens to us when we die. I hope I get to help a few people too. Although, that also had me thinking, I could just make even more effort to help others while I’m alive.

This was quite a quick and easy read. However, I did feel there were too many characters written in first person. This is more of a personal preference, and it doesn’t make the story confusing, as the chapters are clearly marked with names, but I felt a couple of the personalities didn’t really shine through as different voices, so I would probably have preferred them to have been written about, rather than talking to me, leaving the main first person focus on Ronnie and Dorothy.

Thank you to the author for sending me an eBook copy of Triage: The Diary of a Celestial Social Worker, after I won a copy in a giveaway run by Joseph Calleja at Relax and Read Book Reviews on Facebook.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1413091376