Book Review - Too Good to be Forgotten

Too Good to be Forgotten: Book 1 - Mrs Rachel Louise Crawford

As a Navy wife myself, I was initially attracted to the military aspect of this novel. However, I soon discovered there is so much more to this story.

Too Good to be Forgotten takes you on a journey of love, friendships, grief, secrets and lies, mistakes repeated and lessons learned, as the story of past and present unravels before you.

Soldier Captain Ella Harris is a Casualty Visiting Officer (CVO) and is assigned to support the family of Lance Corporal Bradley Craig once they had been informed of his death. Due to his family living on the housing estate she grew up on, Ella is forced to visit her past and risk jeopardising her future.

The present focusses mostly on Bradley’s family and Ella’s concerns about returning to a place she planned never to go back to again. The past sections cover Ella’s past as she was growing up, and has a coming of age feel to it in the earlier chapters.

This is very much a character driven story that keeps you wanting more. I had no idea there was a sequel to this book until I reached the end. This book can be read as a standalone, but did leave me with questions and enough curiosity to want to read the next book in the hope of getting some answers to those questions.

I would say Too Good to be Forgotten would appeal to fans of contemporary, women’s fiction, drama, and romance novels. Although there is a military theme throughout the story, there is not an overly strong focus on this, so if you are not a fan of military novels, please don’t let that put you off reading this great book.

I would like to thank the author for a copy of this book, via THE Book Club (TBC) on Facebook, in exchange for an honest review, and wish her great success with this book.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1411656357